LIVING IN PORTUGAL - D7 Visa / Retired / Own Income

 Foreign citizens, who are not nationals of Member States of the European Union, the European Economic Area and Switzerland, wishing to live in Portugal as retirees or living on their own income may reside in Portugal.

Such visas must be requested from the competent Portuguese Consulate.

The conditions for granting a visa, in addition to those normally required, include proof of accommodation, travel insurance and proof of income allowing subsistence in Portugal.

Foreign citizens must apply for a residence permit before leaving their home country. This visa will allow entry into Portuguese territory for the application of the “residence permit”, which is carried out at the Foreign and Border Services (SEF) in Portugal.

There are also tax benefits granted by the Portuguese State to retirees, with income tax exemptions for a period of 10 years provided that the legal requirements are met.

Av. 25 de Abril, 672, 2º Dto., Sala 3

2750-512 Cascais | Portugal​

Cédula Profissional 47599L

Responsabilidade Limitada



+351 214838670 (PT)

+351 913523070 (PT)

+55 41 40637723 (BR)


© 2012 by WBLEX